Fulton County Railway: This OmniTRAX property began service in 2004, currently operating about 20 miles of trackage serving the Fulton County Industrial Park. For employment information please visit the railroad's web page or contact them at: 600 Wilson Mill Road Southwest, Atlanta, Georgia 30331.
Georgia & Florida Railway: This large short line operates around 264 miles of trackage running from Albany, Georgia to Foley, Florida. It is currently an OmniTRAX property and handles a large variety of freight. For job opportunities please visit the railroad's web page or they may be contacted at: 1019 Coastline Avenue, Albany, Georgia 31705.
Georgia Central Railway: This large short line is a property of G&W over trackage formerly of SCL heritage. The route is 171 miles in length connecting Macon with the coast at Savannah.
Georgia Northeastern Railroad: This privately-owned short line uses part of the former Louisville & Nashville's famed "Hook & Eye" route. It currently runs more than 100 miles in length. The company does operate its own website. They can also be contacted at: 109 Marr Avenue, Marietta, Georgia 30060.
Georgia Southwestern Railroad: This large short line, owned by G&W, is primarily based in western Georgia but also extends into eastern Alabama at Eufaula. The road operates more than 230 miles of track.
Georgia Southern Railway: This Pioneer Railcorp property was formerly known as the Georgia Midland prior to 2010. The system currently operates three disconnected lines. Its current freight is quite diversified. For employment information please visit their webpage. They can also be reached at: 200 East Main Street, Fort Valley, Georgia 31030.
Georgia Woodlands Railroad: This short line, currently owned by OmniTRAX, has been in service since 1988 operating just over 17 miles between Washington and Barnett. For information regarding employment please visit the company's web page or they may be contacted via 195 Harris Road, Washington, Georgia 30673.
Golden Isles Terminal Railroad: This small terminal road, a G&W property, began service in 1998 over trackage formerly owned by the Colonel's Island Railroad. It operates a total of 13 miles on main line and primarily serves the Georgia Port Authority at Brunswick.
Great Walton Railroad: The small, independent Great Walton has been in service since 1987 and currently operates 10 miles between Monroe and Social Circle. The trackage was once owned by the Georgia Railroad, part of the West Point Route. The company operates its own website and can be contacted at: 1096 North Cherokee Road, Social Circle, Georgia 30025.
Hartwell Railroad: This historic short line dates back to its chartering in 1878 as a three-foot, narrow-gauge that would eventually connect Hartwell and Bowersville (10 miles). It later became a Southern property. Today, the Hartwell is contracted out to the Great Walton which operates freight service on the line. To contact the railroad please visit the Great Walton's website.
Heart of Georgia Railroad: This railroad is privately owned by Atlantic Western Transportation. It has been in service since 1999 operating 177 miles between Mahrt, Alabama and Vidalia, Georgia. Please visit their website for employment opportunities.
Riceboro Southern Railway: The Riceboro Southern, a G&W property, operates between Richmond Hill (south of Savannah) and Riceboro on trackage once owned by SAL.
Sandersville Railroad: The privately owned Sandersville Railroad, also known as the "Kaolin Road," dating back to its chartering in 1893 soon completing its route from Sandersville to Tennille, where it interchanged with the Central of Georgia (3 miles). To learn more about employment opportunities please visit the company's website.
Savannah Port Terminal Railroad: This small terminal road is owned by G&W that first began service on June 9, 1998 over property formerly owned by Savannah State Docks Railroad. It operates about 18 miles of main line track in the Savannah area.
|An elderly Georgia Central U23B, #3933, is tied down in Vidalia, Georgia with a few cars on July 24, 2004.|
St. Marys Railroad: The historic St. Marys Railroad has been in operation since it was renamed in 1939 from property originally known as the St. Marys & Kingsland Railroad of 1865. The small line has always served the St. Marys area, running to Kinglands (10 miles) where it currently interchanges with the First Coast Railroad. For many years the company served a burgeoning paper mill but today has no freight customers although it has developed a successful excursion business. For information regarding employment please visit their website.
Valdosta Railway: The Valdosta Railway has been in service since 1992 running from Clyattville to Valdosta (10 miles) interchanging with both CSX and NS. It has been under G&W ownership since 2005.