Garden City Western Railway: This railroad is owned by the Pioneer RailCorp and operates 40 miles of track between Garden City and Shallow Water with a branch to Wolf. The history of the line dates back to 1916. Please visit the company's web page for contact information and employment opportunities.
Kansas & Oklahoma Railroad: This large regional, a Watco system, operates roughly 840 miles track across much of central and western Kansas, reaching the Colorado border. The K&O began service in 2001 and the property's history primarily traces back to the Santa Fe with a few Missouri Pacific segments.
Kansas City Terminal Railway: This terminal railroad, which has been in operation since 1906 serves the city of Kansas City providing switching service for the larger railroads which operate through the area. The company's address is: 4501 Kansas Avenue, Kansas City, Kansas 66106.
Kyle Railroad: This large, Class II, regional system operates more than 500 miles of which most is the Rock Island's former main line between Chicago and Denver. The system has been a subsidiary of Genesee & Wyoming since 2012 and handles a wide array of freight.
Missouri & Northern Arkansas Railroad: This regional system, currently a division of G&W, began service in 1992 by acquiring more than 102 miles from Union Pacific late that year. Today, the M&NA operates nearly 600 miles of track handling more than 100,000 carloads annually.
Nebraska, Kansas & Colorado Railway: This Class II, regional is another OmniTRAX property and operates roughly 559 miles of disconnected track predominantly based in Kansas. For contact and employment information please visit the NK&C's web page.
V&S Railway: This short line, owned by A&K Railroad Materials, operates two disconnected lines in Kansas; between Medicine Lodge and Attica as well as the former Hutchinson & Northern property. For information regarding employment please visit the company's website.
|A classic Santa Fe caboose, #999808, tags along on a short local freight through Newton, Kansas along the La Junta Subdivision on the evening of July 13, 2002.|